" MEC fosters a great environment for the joy of musical learning and progression, Auckland wide. From the North Shore to Central City and West Auckland! "
- A student need not show special talent in order to be eligible for music-making
- Certainly everyone has the capability to make music.
- Everyone should have the opportunity to learn music.
- Excellence for a child is determined by the improvement in ability and skills of the child and how excellently we are developing that ability not how excellently he is playing the piece.History
The Music Education Centre was formed in 1980, as the North Shore Music Education Centre and has since developed into MEC, providing comprehensive music education, across Auckland. From individual tuition to a variety of renowned courses for all ages.
Marcel Riethmann started the business from a private home teaching accordion and from there gradually expanded to accommodate many other instruments and courses.
The Latest News:
- 2007 saw the West Auckland Centre move to a brand new purpose built premises in Henderson!
- MEC caters for approximately 1600 students each week and has over 90 teachers.> Our Management Team